Sunday, May 24, 2009

Get To Know Hien

Hello guys, I'm Hien The Vu. For those who don't know me, well here's you're chance. In this blog I'm going to do what I do best and talk about me. Have you ever wondered why I am the way I am? Really, because I don't.

Okay, so we're do I start. I guess I'll make a time line of my life starting from birth and eventually making my way to this blog that I'm writing for you. I, Hien Vu, was born in Hong Kong, although I am Vietnamese by blood because that's were both my parents are from and where their parents are from and so on. I am what you'd like to call a run away baby, not because I literally ran away, but because I born in a refugee camp. Yeah, yeah get your laughs out, I know I'm a refugee baby. You are probably asking yourself, what kind of drugs were your parents were on to say to themselves "Hey lets have baby Hien a refugee camp". Well at the time, there was vast amount of Vietnamese people fleeing Vietnam, and so Hong Kong set up refugee camps to house all these people. My parents stayed there for two years and BOOM baby Hien was born. We left for Canada when was I only eleven months.

Okay, so let's fast track a bit because I really don't want to be writing for days. For most of my childhood I was brought up in a neighborhood called Parkdale. Parkdale wasn't the worst area but it certainly wasn't the best. For kindergarten to grade two I went to a school named Alexandra Muir Gladstone. Proceeding that I went to Queen Victoria public school for grades 3, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Yes you read grade 3 twice because BAM I was held back in grade three. I was a dumb kid, ran into a lot of trees and broke a kids arm on the monkey bars in grade 2, you know that kinda stuff. Enough about that, for grades 7 and 8 I attended Parkdale Public. Believe it or not I used be a trouble maker, and in middle school I went into the gangster phase of my life. Yupp... I can remember the name of my "gangs" were, I was in two, Young Bucks and Young and Dangerous, don't laugh I was young and dumb. This gang consisted of mostly Vietnamese and Black kids and a single Caucasian kid, which we called White Boy, and I still do call him that and even his parents.

High School, a time and place for maturity to play it's roll. By now my parents caught on to which direction I was heading in life so they told me going to Parkdale Collegiate Institute or West Toronto was not an option. So, here I am at East York Collegiate Institute and I got to thank them. Looking at some of my friends now, I think wow, thank God I listened to what mom and dad had to say. I guess parents do know best. Despite that fact that my parents sent me to a high school on the other side of town, I still hung out with the same crew in grade nine. In grade ten I met a special girl, I'll leave her name blank, and she was what you'd like to call my girlfriend for 10 months. She had a great impact on pulling me away from all that wanna be gangster life style. Although I don't speak to this girl anymore, I still think about her every now and then, shhh don't tell anybody. And, in grade eleven I realized I wanted to be a Police officer. I'd tell you why but I'd go on for days. Finally, here comes grade twelve. The best year of my life, period. I guess having the thought that this was going to be my last year of high school gave me the sense that I had to enjoy every last moment, and I have. If only I felt this way about high school from the start, I would have had so much more fun and learned so much more. Moving on, in semester one of grade twelve I was reunited with my grade nine english teacher Ms. Coronetopoulos. I'm not going to kiss her ass in this blog, although she is the one that is going to mark this blog, but let's just say she was an absolutely fantastic mentor and friend. The things she has taught this fine crispy golden asian boy will serve him good in the future. Being the inspirational teacher that she was, she influenced me to take a course called Writers Craft. And, here I am trying to catch up on my blogging.

I hope I didnt bore you too much. Thanks for listening.

Purpose: Get to know me

Intended Audience: Anyone who wants to get to know me better

No comments: