Monday, May 18, 2009

I Hate Simon

Hien: Hi, I'm Hien Vu and I'm from Toronto, Ontario. I am 18 and currently enrolled at East York Collegiate Institute.

Simon Cowell: All right Hen--

Hien: It's Hien.

Simon Cowell: All right Hien, what are you going to sing for us today?

Hien: I'm going to sing Aint No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye.

Simon Cowell: Okay Hien, when ever you're ready.

Hien: "Listen baby! Aint no mountain High. Aint no Valley low. Aint no river wide enough, baby."

(Paula and Randy both chuckle. Randy raises a sheet of paper over his face to cover his laughter)

Hien: "...Remember the day... I set you free... I told you you could always count on me--"

Simon Cowell: Okay Hen--

Hien: *cough Hien cough*

Simon: This is some sort of joke right?

Hien: Umm.. No.

Simon: That was absolutely horrific. You murdered that song.

Hien: No, no, no. I'm not one of those people you see on TV that think they can sing. I can actually sing. So, now I'm going to ask you, are you joking?

Simon: I can't tell if you're joking or not. Enough games, every thing was wrong. Every note was either too high or too low or not there. You looked like you were thinking too hard. You even forgot some of the lyrics.

Hien: I can't believe this. My school even raised the money for me to come here because they believed I was that good. Ms. C tells me I have the voice of an angel.

Simon: Well, Hen they are all lying because you have a terrifying voice. That noise that came out of your mouth seemed like it should have came out of dying chicken. Now you've wasted enough of our time please leave.

Hien: Please let me sing another song. I know I can change your mind.

Simon: No, I've heard enough. Now leave! Security!

Hien: Okay...

Simon: Nope! Other door. Use the other door!

Purpose: To show how devasting the truth can be when an individual is giving false hope all their lives.

Intended Audience: American Idol fans and to all those people who dont know how to say "YOU SUCK".

1 comment:

Adela said...

Hahaa Hen, you really made me laugh out loud. :)